Impressions from the 2022 Conference
Video Impressions from the 2022 Conference
'Making Waves to Advance School Attendance', the theme for INSA's 2022 Conference.
Date and location
Join us in Egmond aan Zee – a charming seaside resort in the Netherlands – for INSA’s 2022 Conference from Wednesday 5th October 9.30am to Friday 7th October 4.30pm, 2022. The venue is Hotel Zuiderduin, Zeeweg 52, 1931 VL Egmond aan Zee. This venue is just steps away from the promenade, multiple restaurants, even a lighthouse. Cheese town Alkmaar (known as ‘small Amsterdam’) is around the corner, and Amsterdam only a 40-minute drive.
- Click here for the Full Program.
- Visit the 2022 Conference website to learn more about our Keynote Speakers and Invited Speakers.
- Read what participants at prior conferences said about the take-homes for them and the value of networking.
- Interact with colleagues from around the world as we work together to advance the field of school attendance.
- Contribute to plans for continued action in 6 key areas: policy, practice, education, research, tools for the field, and networking.
- Make your waves, bring your big ideas and the small ones too, sharing news and views on school attendance and absenteeism.
- Learn from international Keynote Speakers and Invited Speakers; choose from dozens of presentations, round table discussions, workshops, and invited speakers; visit the marketplace for practice and research.
- Hear from Distinguished Professor Christopher Kearney and others who’ll lead us in ‘Setting the Scene’ for the 2022 Conference.
- Participate in the Welcome Dinner, join in activities organized by our Social Program Team, or simply take the time to stroll along the beach and the far-reaching dunes of Egmond.
Submit a proposal
Help make waves in the field of school attendance. Share your work and ideas - based on practice, research, or policy - in the form of a presentation, symposium, round table discussion, workshop, or a poster or audio-visual presentation at the marketplace for practice and research. Proposals can be submitted between March 17 and May 20. Click here for 'Abstract Submission'. Questions? Feel free to contact the Chairperson for the Scientific Program Team, Jo Magne Ingul.
Keynote addresses, invited presentations, & parallel session slides
During the conference there were 3 keynote addresses and 3 invited presentations. We're pleased to share these Powerpoint slides made available by presenters.
There were more than 60 presentations across 19 parallel sessions. We're pleased to share the Powerpoint slides that many of the contributors offered to make available online. The titles in the links below match the titles in the conference program; sometimes the title on the first slide is a little different from that presented in the program.
There were 18 contributors to the 'Marketplace for Research and Practice'. Below, we're pleased to share the posters that contributors offered to make available online.
There were 11 workshops during the 2022 INSA Conference. Below, we're pleased to share the Powerpoint slides that workshop facilitators offered to make available online.