- 2017 report titled ‘Chronic absenteeism: An old problem in search of new answers’ presents results from various studies.
- 2014 OECD report on the PISA test, titled ‘Who are the school truants?’ PISA is the Programme for International Student Assessment, “a triennial international survey which aims to evaluate education systems worldwide by testing the skills and knowledge of 15-year-old students.”
- 2013 report titled 'Student attendance and educational outcomes: Every day counts'. A report prepared for the Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations by Kirsten J. Hancock, Carrington C.J. Shepherd, David Lawrence & Stephen R. Zubrick.
- 2013 Final Report Summary for WE-STAY (Work Together to Stop Truancy Among Youth)
- Christensen, M. (2017). What are the relationships among high school academic outcomes and attendance? Doctoral dissertation. University of Oregon, Eugene, USA.