- 2021 November 10: Welcome to a free digital conference with presentations from Nordic research and practice about problematic school non-attendance 10th of November. All the lectures will be in English.
- 2021 October 14-15: National Center for School Mental Health (NCSMH) Annual Conference on Advancing School Mental Health.
- 2021 February 4: International Conference on Problematic School Absenteeism, free of charge, held in English, and sponsored by: Statped (Norway), Valteri (Finland), Aarhus University (Denmark), and Magelungen (Sweden).
- 2021 July: The 42nd Annual Conference of the International School Psychology Association will be held 13th-16th July 2021 in Cyprus.
- 2020 June: University of Cumbria Erasmus+ MaCE Conference 4th & 5th June 2020. The conference theme is "Practical Solutions to Educational Inequality: Reducing the symptoms of Early School Leaving, Drop Out, NEET, Exclusion, Absence, Truancy and ‘Failure’." Call for international conference contributions is now open. The conference is to be held at the University of Cumbria Sentamu Building, Lancaster Campus, Lancaster, England. From the website: "The events provide a professional development and research capacity building opportunity for teachers, social workers, youth workers, lecturers and leaders and managers. The first conference is focussed exclusively at practitioners, hoping to enable changes at the front lie of education, youth work and social work practice. The second conferences is an open academic conference bringing together expert audiences who are committed to developing research-informed practice to tackle educational inequality. In addition to two provocative keynotes there is a choice of sessions on a wide range of research-informed practice in education as well as workshops to support wider discussion and dialogue. The conferences are part funded by Erasmus+ and are part of the three year Marginalisation and Co-created Education (MaCE) project."
- 2020 May: The International Virtual Conference on Education, Teaching and Learning is the premier forum for the presentation of new advances and research results in education theory and practice. It will be held ONLINE during 30th May 2020. The Call for Papers is now open.
- 2019 July: The International School Psychology Association held its 41st Conference in Basel, Switzerland, from 9th to 12th July 2019. The conference theme was "Empowering People For Lifelong Learning."
- 2018 September: The European Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Therapies (EABCT) 48th Annual Congress, held in Bulgaria, included a symposium titled ‘Modular and transdiagnostic approach to cognitive behavioral therapy for children and adolescents’. Two papers addressed school attendance problems: (1) ‘Back2School: A feasibility study of a new modular cognitive behavioral intervention for youth with problematic school absenteeism’ (Thastum et al.); (2) ‘Back2School: Research design, rationale, and preliminary baseline data from a randomized controlled trial, treating school absenteeism’ (Johnsen et al.). Convenor: Daniel Bach Johnsen (firstname.lastname@example.org). Discussant: Mikael Thastum (email@example.com).
- 2016 September: The World Congress of Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies (WBCT) 8th Congress, held in in Australia, included a symposium titled ‘Interventions for school refusal and truancy: A case of ‘old dogs in need of new tricks’?’. The papers in the symposium were: (1) ‘CBT and non-CBT for school refusal: What is (not) working?’ (Heyne at al.); (2) ‘CBT plus medication for school refusal: Are two treatments better than one?’ (Melvin et al.,); (3) ‘Re-engaging severe school refusers: A collaborative approach’ (McKay-Brown et al.). Convenor: David Heyne (firstname.lastname@example.org).Discussant: Bruce Tonge (Bruce.Tonge@monash.edu).